March 11, 2008
Board Members: Dave Althouse, Greg Holtgrewe, Donna Green, Brett Draffen, Mark Davis, Carl Baker, Craig Peavey
Guests: Scott Kirkpatrick, Jil Baker
Minutes Donna made a motion to approve the minutes of the February 19, 2008 meeting as written.† Dave moved to second this motion which passed unanimously.
Treasurerís Report There was no Treasurerís report because Brett had not received the February bank statement.†
Web Site Brett reported that the Associationís old web site should be discontinued by March 15, 2008.†
Registration To date the Association has 281 recreational and 126 competitive players registered.
Field Maintenance The field layout will remain the same as last fall.† Brett will place the order for restrooms and a second sink this week.†
CCL Brett needs concession stand assistance from 8:30 am Ė 10:00 on March 22, 2008.† Carl will coordinate a pre CCL work day on March 21, 2008 to make sure the complex is ready for play.†
Referee It was agreed that the Center Referee will provide a game report with his pay request.† This report will be required for competitive games and strongly encouraged for recreational games.† This report will help the Board in monitoring discipline issues.†
The Board discussed an independent contractor agreement that will be executed by each referee.† Dave made a motion to accept this agreement and Carl moved to second with all present voting yes.†
MCYSA will continue to reimburse referees $35 after ten games have been refereed.†
Coaching MCYSA will provide a voucher for one free registration to any person completing the Youth Module.† Fees for an E license or higher will be reimbursed after coaching one season for MCYSA.†
Uniforms Dave will determine the number of shirts needed for the spring season and Brett will place the order for additional shirts if necessary.
Brett will post the volunteer report on the Association web site so the local share can be documented for Land & Water Conservation Fund grant.
Donna anticipates having the draft MCYSA 501(c) (3) application for review at the April meeting.
It was agreed that a Marketing Committee would be appointed by June to develop a plan intended to improve registration.†
The Board discussed the Associationís potential relationship with the Regional Sportsplex.† The Board hopes to develop an arrangement that benefits both parties.†
Greg will speak on behalf of the Board at the March 18, 2008
public meeting concerning a new soccer complex for