December 1, 2005 Board Meeting Minutes
The McCracken County Youth Soccer Association Board met at 6:30 PM, on
Thursday, December 1, 2005 at
Board Members: Shannon Andrews, Mark Davis, Greg Holtgrewe, Sean Walsh, Scott Kirkpatrick, Dave Althouse
Guests: Jack Butler, Mark Thompson, Steve Doolittle
Mark called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM and established a quorum.
The minutes of the November 2005 meeting were not available. They will be distributed via email for approval.
New Soccer Complex Petition
A general discussion was held on the intent of the County and City to focus on building a sports park and how MCYSA can support the process.
· MCYSA should not be in the maintenance mode of operation and this proposal would provide for a maintained complex.
· It would not be a MCYSA park, the County/City would oversee operation of the park and we would be part of the board and management organization.
· Sites are being evaluated. Nothing will be said about the location until the land is actually procured to protect land values.
· Steve Doolittle did mention that the county did complete $38K worth of paving in the complex and the $10K for turf work.
· There were some other short discussions about other places in the city/county area to play soccer. Those were issues were put on hold for another time.
· MCYSA did reiterate the need to continue to make improvements in the current complex. All were in agreement to continue improvements.
· MCYSA needs to continue with their petition effort to show support for the new complex.
The next board meeting will be Thursday January 5, 2006 at 6:30 pm