McCracken County Youth Soccer Association

 

The McCracken County Youth Soccer Association Board met at 7:00 pm, Thursday October 7 2004 at Lone Oak United Methodist Church.  The following were present:

 

Board Members:  Mark Davis; Van Newberry; Brett Draffen; Shannon Andrews; Greg Stevens; 

                               Elaine Stevens; Lisa Oetjen

 

Guests:  Brooke Harris

 

Mark Davis called the meeting to order at 7:40 pm and established a quorum.

 

Minutes

 

The minutes of the September 2, 2004 meeting were distributed and available in hard copy format at the meeting.  A motion by Brett Draffen was made to approve the minutes as written and Van Newberry seconded the motion which passed unanimously.

 

Game Cancellation Procedures

 

Mark Davis questioned the board members about game cancellation procedures.  He suggested a group of 2 to 3 members discuss and draft a policy to present before the spring season.  Shannon Andrews, Lisa Oetjen, and Van Newberry agreed to take charge of this matter.  They will meet and draft a policy for board approval prior to the start of the spring season.

 

Practice Areas

 

Mark Davis stated to the board the need to seek out new practice areas for the league due to recent problems at some areas.  Problem areas include:  Hendron Fire Department practice area, Parks & Recreation practice area and Shepherd field.  Hindrances that have occurred include areas not being maintained, goals and/or nets in ill repair, fields being under contract with others, and practice areas being used for other sports.  Some areas suggested for practice were Concord Elementary School grounds, St. Thomas Moore Church, and Lone Oak Driving Range.  Brooke Harris volunteered to speak with school officials at Concord Elementary for approval; Greg Stevens agreed to check with St. Thomas Moore Church for the league use.  Shannon Andrews will contact Tony Veltri regarding the use of Lone Oak Driving Range for a practice area.  Van Newberry volunteered to contact Phillip Walker with Hendron Fire Department regarding the condition and maintenance of the practice areas there.  Mark Davis asked to board to think about other areas that may be available and bring their suggestions to the next board meeting.

 

Assistance with Complex Maintenance

 

Mark Davis suggested hiring one person to aid with small maintenance needed at the complex.  He stated some items include installing the Code of Conduct signs; bench repair, trash pick up, field repairs and watering, painting goals and net repairs.  Brooke Harris asked if the board had money in the budget for this, Mark Davis responded the budget was completed at the first of the year and MCYSA has room for this.  Mark Davis and Shannon Andrews will visit the complex to note items that are needed to be completed and write out a job description.  They will present this to the board at the November meeting.  The position will be open for hire after the policy is presented and approved by the board. 

 

Brett Draffen questioned about the field repairs prior to the season closing.  Greg Stevens stated it would be better on the fields to complete repairs the first week in November.  Mark Davis stated this needs to be contracted out due to the large number of repairs needed at the complex.  Mark Davis suggested getting bids for the following:

            Putting top dressing on Fields 1 & 2

            Repair Fields 4 & 9

Lisa Oetjen suggested having contractors break down the bids by fields.  Van Newberry volunteered to take this project.  He will speak with Pat Stevens and Donnie Edwards regarding the repairs needed.

 

Fund Raising

 

A person is needed to coordinate fund raising activities for MCYSA.  Brooke Harris graciously volunteered to do so.  Lisa Oetjen has fund raising information and contacts she will give to Brooke to check into.  Brooke suggested MCYSA logo items and starting a booster club, she will bring a proposal to the next board meeting. The Spring Kick Off event will be discussed at the next board meeting.

 

Building Update

 

Pat Stevens has told Mark Davis a November date has been set for construction to begin.  This has not been confirmed as of this board meeting.  Mark will check with Pat prior to the November board meeting to get a definite date.

 

End of Season Work Day

 

The board set November 13, 2004 as the end of season work day.  The day will begin at 8:30 am and continue until all work is completed.  Elaine Stevens will mass email board members and coaches to inform them of the event.

 

Executive Session

 

The board discussed private issues brought to the leagues attention.

 

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 9:05 pm.  The next monthly meeting is scheduled for 7:00 pm, Thursday November 4, 2004 at Lone Oak United Methodist Church.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Executive Session Notes

 

Shannon Andrews presented copies of the original incident and letter sent to Mr. Tim Jones to MCYSA board members present.  As of today, September 2, 2004, we have not received a response via written correspondence.  Shannon reported we have no statute of limitations due to legal action not being taken.  Shannon suggested we send all documentation we have to KYSA.  He also suggested sending Mr. Jones a warning stating that any future complaints will result in a 12 (twelve) month suspension from the league, this will be sent in registered letter form signed by the board.